Journeys of the 'Three Sisters'
For anyone who wants to have a look at the coastal beacons of a bygone era, the towers known as "The Three Sisters" can be viewed at a small park on Cable Road in North Eastham, just a few hundred yards west of Nauset Light.
It was on that seaside bluff where the "Sisters," which were so dubbed because of their appearance, stood between 1838 and 1911, when two of them were removed and later became bedrooms on a cabin down the road.
As Fay Shook recalled in a 1991 oral history interview for the Eastham Historical Society, the decommissioned towers were sold to Mr. and Mrs. B.J. Cummings of North Attleboro for $3.50 each at a public auction. They bookended the beacons alongside a cabin they had just bought up the road.
Read the rest of the story in the Jan. 6 edition of The Cape Codder ...
#NausetLight #ThreeSisters #EasthamHistoricalSociety #DonWilding